NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Sacramento?? Did I hear my name mentioned??? Sacramento, CA to Mesa AZ in 10 hours 5 minutes. 802 miles. Yes, the west is big and speed isn't the problem.. it's the idiot in the Infinity J30 who drove up on me so close I could not see his headlights in my rear view mirror, and I was going 80...(couldn't move over, passing 6 semi's)
We see it every day.. the numbskulls that don't belong in a car on the freeway, those are the ones the CHP looks for.. along with Drunk, drugged drivers...You probably have your own stories to tell.
I used to have an old detectives car...slant 6 Plymouth Fury...I got the radar gun, and the comment from the trooper, "Gee, only 107?" No.. it would do 123 as we found out later.
try not to stick out too far...just blend into the traffic, and don't buy a red or yellow car. oh, and try not to annoy the tropper/officer if you get pulled over...its just your turn...Smile and say "What? You pulled me over for speeding on a motorscooter?" ... $112. first ticket in 17 years (I was splitting lanes and he said too many people were complaining about it) Traffic was backed up for 45 miles...and everyone was mad, because the average MPH was about 4. I was doing about 25.
Hang in there...
and a Crown Vic at work
posted by 66.81.63...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Rafe, you might find this interesting, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:37:30
- NYSP way overstaffed in rural areas, JohnK, Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:03:12
- Thanks bro, Rafe , Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:45:22
- Where do you live?, PGAero , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:52:41
- The need for speed..., Noel , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:41:17
- hey, wait a second.., Railhead , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:14:36
- The Long Island Expressway, ChuckD , Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:21:53
- I agree with you, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:51:16
- by the way, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:10:40
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.