My sister-in-law and her husband are both police officers in MA. I have asked them on more than one occasion why the fixation is on speed, but why I have never seen a di*ckhead pulled over for riding a bumper, weaving in and out of lanes, making a left turn from the right lane, or going 54 in the left lane... I never get more than a shrug. I honestly think cops are indoctrinated to believe that speed is evil, and the only problem. Of course, the shi*tboxes that pass state inspection, and the blind who get drivers' licences are another part of the problem that nobody cares about fixing. There is a mentality that it is unfair to the poor to take away their cars if they can't maintain them (in other countries, if you can't maintain a car in safe condition, you use public transport), or to take away your car if you can't drive it safely (grandpa has been driving since before World War I and never had an accident... can't take away his licence!)
posted by 151.203....
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Rafe, you might find this interesting, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:37:30
- NYSP way overstaffed in rural areas, JohnK, Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:03:12
- Thanks bro, Rafe , Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:45:22
- Where do you live?, PGAero , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:52:41
- The need for speed..., Noel , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:41:17
- hey, wait a second.., Railhead , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:14:36
- The Long Island Expressway, ChuckD , Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:21:53
- I agree with you, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:51:16
- by the way, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:10:40
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!