NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I think that speed is the target because its quantifiable. You can qualitatively state how dumb it is to tailgate, or swerve in traffic, but you can't put a hard and fast number on it...unlike speed which is a simple number.
My brother's a police officer, and he's aware that speed isn't bad, but rather, its inapropriate driving...which sometimes means speeding. (He's also not a traffic cop, so he doesn't deal with it much.)
If you're driving like an idiot, and I can nail you for 35 in a 25, that's a whole lot less hassle than ticketing for carelessness... although, I could be driving 35 in a 25 and be perfectly safe, if the conditions/surroundings are appropriate.
posted by 153.90.198...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Rafe, you might find this interesting, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:37:30
- NYSP way overstaffed in rural areas, JohnK, Mon, 25 Apr 2005 07:03:12
- Thanks bro, Rafe , Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:45:22
- Where do you live?, PGAero , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:52:41
- The need for speed..., Noel , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:41:17
- hey, wait a second.., Railhead , Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:14:36
- The Long Island Expressway, ChuckD , Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:21:53
- I agree with you, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:51:16
- by the way, TheKillerPenguin, Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:10:40
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.