NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
At least BMW motorcycles get you some very cool stuff (if you want it) like ABS, heated grips, seats, navigation, traction control, fuel injection, anti-dive/squat suspension, an engine reliable for over 100K, etc. etc. for the money you pay for them.
Oh, and they depreciate, so for a fraction of the cost of a used HD, you get a lot of all that stuff anyway.
I won't ever spend my money on a new bike (or car, probably), but the substance vs. style/image argument really holds water (at least to me, as someone who's ridden both) in this case.
posted by 212.2.22...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- OT: Things that are way too expensive, MI-Roger , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 05:07:58
- anything for a BMW nm., AlS , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:22:18
- BMW motorcycles are good..., Mike Lynch , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 12:43:37
- Re: BMW motorcycles are good..., BlueWhite, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:24:55
- Re: BMW motorcycles are good..., firstname.lastname@example.org, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:20:42
- Yeah..., PGAero , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:28:45
- Re: Yeah..., email@example.com, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:57:08
- Re: Yeah..., Different Purpose/Use, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:14:31
- This is like Chevy vs BMW for cars, Noel , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:02:19
- Buy a laser printer! (+), vvk, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:47:49
- Ink jet vs Laser, Noel , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:59:28
- Re: Buy a laser printer! (+), jp498, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:37:58
- Re: Buy a laser printer! (+), Raction95Aero , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:06:18
- Re: Buy a laser printer! Ditto..., soccersaab, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:17:48
- Reusable grocery bags, MI-Roger , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 06:01:19
- The Real Poop, DE, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 05:22:22
- Re: OT: Things that are way too expensive, TML, Thu, 2 Sep 2010 05:15:57
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.