NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
In your example, you would have to assume that the drive ratios are identical in those two cars. A car with a torque peaking at 2K rpm, like a turbo Saab will have a much different set of ratios than, say, a Honda S2000 that doesn't make as much torque.
You're right that torque is what's "driven", but if torque/weight ratios determined speed, then diesels would win. But diesels have different drive ratios than gas/petrol to match the engines rev range, so less torque-y, but more (H)powerful gas engines end up being faster.
posted by 212.2.22...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Question about the new 9-5, Viggenator , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:43:40
- Re: Question about the new 9-5, Viggenator , Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:26:02
- Re: Question about the new 9-5, BlueWhite, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:11:56
- power/weight ratio, James, Sat, 4 Sep 2010 04:48:08
- Torque/weight ratio is even more important, Tim, Sat, 4 Sep 2010 07:17:06
- you're right..., James, Sat, 4 Sep 2010 10:15:30
- Well..., PGAero , Sat, 4 Sep 2010 09:36:59
- Re: Well..., Tim, Sat, 4 Sep 2010 13:13:07
- BTW, Tim, Sat, 4 Sep 2010 13:53:10
- Re: power/weight ratio, BlueWhite, Sat, 4 Sep 2010 06:41:47
- The late model year OG 9-5's, Tim, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 10:26:47
- 170..., Larry West , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 21:18:21
- Ample room for the Tuners to work, MI-Roger , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:19:43
- Yep, change in strategy it would seem, Turbo00, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:31:41
- XDrive, Gargoyle , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:23:34
- Doubt it, Bill Homer, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:39:10
- Re: Question about the new 9-5, John in Bismarck, Fri, 3 Sep 2010 06:18:17
- Re: Question about the new 9-5, Raction95Aero , Fri, 3 Sep 2010 03:40:46
- Re: Question about the new 9-5, No Snaab , Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:52:47
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.