The basic problem is that people are educated on how to be consumers, and little more. Knowing how to do ANYTHING outside of your specific job, whatever it may be, is frowned upon or mocked. Actually understanding anything makes you a techno-geek today. Knowing how to text or use the internet on your cell phone is of little benefit to the rest of humanity, yet this is what is considered a valuable "skill".
As for Radio Shack, they make money off those little bits of wire, otherwise they wouldn't sell them. I can tell you that their mark up on a simple resistor is somewhere between 10,000% to 100,000%. What kind of markup do you think they have on the cell phone gadget? We shouldn't feel grateful to them for it, like they're doing us a big favor. If they decide to stop selling these things, there's lots of other (better) places to buy them.
posted by 99.248.17...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- went to radio shack today, rob 94 aero, Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:53:17
- I uesd to work for Radio Shack..., Eric, Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:26:10
- I think it depends on the kid, Erik919kt , Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:22:49
- Nope, don't teach in HS, they teach in Elementary, EricG, Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:41:45
- Re: went to radio shack today, Eric Law, Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:10:30
- Similar experience askign for ink eradicator today, MI-Roger , Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:04:34
- Re: went to radio shack today, Dan-O, Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:11:21
- Re: went to radio shack today, Craig, Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:38:27
- Re: went to radio shack today, Dean, Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:54:42
- Re: went to radio shack today, TML, Sun, 14 Nov 2010 20:22:43
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!