NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Both work well, but really depends on your needs. Single stage blowers are OK, but the 2-stage units have a lot more oomph. Sort of like the difference between NA engine and a turbocharged one.
A typical suburban driveway can usual be handled with a single stage if the snow isn't too deep, but with deeper or heavier snow or more area to deal with a two-stage is a real advantage. My 8hp 26" MTD is beginning to fall apart after 13 NH winters, but does a 135 foot driveway, plus a path all around one side of the house to the front walk and the street (~180'), and gets through the mound left by the plow at the end of the walk and at the mailbox. But it can require some muscle at times and is not something my wife can handle too well except for the driveway.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Looking for a New Snow Blower I Live In Chicago Area, larry byer, Sat, 29 Jan 2011 06:10:01
- A quick summary, Boston Baab, Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:44:29
- Toro 18" 4stroke looks interesting if you can still get, EricG, Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:04:59
- What's wrong with current snow blower?, Bill Homer, Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:11:32
- Re: Looking for a New Snow Blower I Live In Chicago Area, George K, Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:21:22
- Update to machine I own, MI-Roger , Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:32:40
- Re: Looking for a New Snow Blower I Live In Chicago Area, Dennis_MA , Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:16:24
- Re: Looking for a New Snow Blower I Live In Chicago Area, burlybryan, Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:12:18
- Ariens are the best, but for your needs, Noel , Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:56:37
- Re: Looking for a New Snow Blower I Live In Chicago Area, simul8guy, Sat, 29 Jan 2011 07:03:16
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.