NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
The one that made me feel the dumbest:
I replaced a clutch master cylinder on my 9000 Aero without checking the soft part of the hydraulic line. The master cylinder was fine, the line had pin-hole leaks. Doing the job the second time the next weekend sure went quickly though!
And, the craziest:
I did my head gasket (same car) and didn't notice that I had dropped one of the exhaust stud washers down the turbo while I removed the manifold. It (luckily) wedged into the turbo and just stopped the thing from moving. I noticed it only after I put the car back together, and found I had zero boost, and a turbo that wouldn't spin. I had to remove the turbo, take off the housing, and pull the washer out. I have a picture... You can see that it did a bit of damage to the impeller... but the car's been fine for years.
I'm sure there are others, but those are my most memorable!
posted by 212.2.23...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- OK! Fess up!, Noel , Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:37:34
- Re: OK! Fess up!, JimBlake , Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:47:47
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Joeychess, Thu, 17 Mar 2011 14:19:26
- 5-speed transmission rebuild, Jon , Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:12:49
- Re: OK! Fess up!, andym, Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:51:39
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Larry West , Tue, 15 Mar 2011 06:20:57
- Re: OK! Fess up!, TML, Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:51:04
- Re: OK! Fess up!, burlybryan, Mon, 14 Mar 2011 13:33:07
- Poor running stories..., Mike Lynch , Mon, 14 Mar 2011 12:46:09
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Scott Paterson , Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:35:15
- My "stoner-mobile", No Snaab , Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:30:15
- Buying my first Saab is #1. Following it with other 6.., Acubra, Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:10:18
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Erik919kt , Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:55:50
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Drake, Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:53:11
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Ed_F , Mon, 14 Mar 2011 01:13:27
- Re: OK! Fess up!, Noel , Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:24:57
- Just today in fact., turrbo , Sun, 13 Mar 2011 15:59:36
- Re: OK! Fess up!, IrieTom , Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:51:57
- Heavy date heavy chevy, dtech aka cheaptech, Sun, 13 Mar 2011 09:04:14
- Re: OK! Fess up!, pete, Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:54:20
- I have two... off the top of my head..., PGAero , Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:48:54
- Re: OK! Fess up! Clutch, Skid Plate, Dave Chicago, Sun, 13 Mar 2011 08:05:01
- Forgetting to recharge the brake system, MI-Roger , Sun, 13 Mar 2011 06:39:29
- C900: clutch disc installed backwards, JerseySaab , Sun, 13 Mar 2011 06:22:43
- I bought C900. Thrice., Siegfried, Sun, 13 Mar 2011 04:34:22
- These are fun! Here are three of mine:, Jonathan Scupin , Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:28:45
- a) remove brake pads; b) press brake pedal (+), vvk, Sat, 12 Mar 2011 22:08:57
- Re: OK! Fess up!, jonathan , Sat, 12 Mar 2011 19:45:52
- Re: OK! Fess up!, EGD , Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:52:26
- Almost swallowing coolant while siphoning it, bender , Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:00:30
- Fixing a squeaky ..., AlS , Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:00:27
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.