NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
That's kind of my point. ABS cars might not have lower accident rates, but it's really hard to remove the influence of driving habits. A lot of people who own ABS cars actually believe they stop quicker, not understanding the physics of how ABS works. This belief leads them to drive faster in the snow, or to follow more closely then they would otherwise.
It's a little bit like rollover statistics. Vehicle rollover *should* follow physics. High center of gravity, narrow track, you know trucks & SUV-type vehicles are clearly easier to roll. That's physics. So why do Corvettes have one of the higher rollover rates?
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Two or three of these are thanks to Saab...., bender , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 06:24:15
- Re: Saab innovations...computerized parallel parking, Joeychess, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:30:04
- And the rest are BS, Noel , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 06:51:00
- Funny you mention ABS..., Craig, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:39:42
- Re: Funny you mention ABS..., Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:10:48
- I mostly agree, but I still do like it. HOWEVER..., Noel , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:37:41
- Never proven to prevent accidents..., AeroBaron, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 08:18:07
- Re: Statistics, statistics..., JimBlake , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:59:13
- Heresay about ABS..., Mike Lynch , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:35:24
- First time bike buyers, listen to Mike!, AeroBaron, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:51:25
- Re: Heresay about ABS..., JimBlake , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:19:45
- Re: Heresay about ABS..., James, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:01:15
- Very true!, Noel , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:18:16
- accidents and abs..., James, Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:11:06
- Noel, I completely agree. I was mainly pointing at, bender , Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:17:14
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.