NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I am an engineer by education and license (B.S. in Mechanical, M.S. in Civil, and P.E. in Civil) I got tired of the work and went back to school to be a teacher.
My wife (also a teacher) and I decided (as I was finishing my teaching credential) to apply to international schools.
We ended up both getting jobs in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for this current school year. We have airfare paid, housing paid, tax-free salary (dependent on # of days spent in the US every year), and make about the same as we would in the states... Cost of living here is a fraction of what it would be in the states. We've been able to fly all over on our breaks (Prague for spring break last week!), and plan to do the same next year.
We won't do this for the long-haul, but it's an amazing opportunity to see the world, live in a different culture, get some great experience, and save a bunch of money.
Granted, the cost of living in Europe and many other places would make the "Saving a bunch of money" part hard, but at least expenses would be covered.
Depending on what field your daughter is pursuing, international work could be a great option in a few years.
Then again, you're only young once!
I think she should look into making her interest in international setting an integral part of her career.
posted by 212.112.107...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- College grad..Take 75K job or live abroad ?, Joeychess, Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:52:21
- Re: College grad..Take 75K job or live abroad ?, andym, Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:52:49
- Re: College grad... Update and End...She's going.., Joeychess, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:10:55
- Re: College grad..Take 75K job or live abroad ?, BTG88, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:39:35
- Live life from the perspective of being older, OKSaabs , Mon, 11 Apr 2011 06:48:06
- EGD has a point, Mike Johnson, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 04:32:29
- Re: College grad..Take 75K job or live abroad ?, Joeychess, Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:22:49
- Re: College grad..Take 75K job or live abroad ?, usaw, Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:25:21
- Re: College grad..Take 75K job or live abroad ?, EGD , Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:04:38
- Perspective on that $75K job offer, MI-Roger , Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:38:08
- Well a 75K job right out of school is, Noel , Sun, 10 Apr 2011 16:26:37
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.