China are our neighbours also...
that said, I do largely avoid buying Chinese made products if there is a good alternative. Many Chinese products are imho cheap junk or have a thin veneer of quality. Many cite (often "western" designed) technology products made in China as high quality (eg Apple), but really, they are not high quality products... they are only high enough quality to last the short time until they are obsoleted... and in today's world, that makes sense... kind of... anyway, it's all demand driven... the Chinese will make better products (with better labour conditions and environmental stewardship) if we want to pay for it... but it may take time to get there...
I don't think this MOU necessarily will affect production in Trollhatten in a negative way... or that we will be driving Chinese made Saabs here in North America... hopefully parts standards will be maintained (at least!)...
posted by 67.158.7...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, BrianG, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:48:24
- good (n/m), Siegfried, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:28:49
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, SENewhouse, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:39:24
- Ahhh, the irony of these comments.........n/m, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:07:54
- stay calm, it is only a 29.9% share in SAAB, and is..., ryan, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:43:16
- Now that Chinese Firms own and control Saab, I won't..., Billy, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:43:40
- Look what happened to Japan.., pushrodsaab, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 04:03:28
- they do not "own" and "control" SAAB, ryan, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:44:05
- Volvo was in the same boat, still has great cars...., Paul H, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:37:09
- Why? Never buy clothes, electronics, consumer goods? nm, turrbo , Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:07:36
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:45:13
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, pete, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:45:46
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!