I suppose the appeal of Antonov is not so much that he is Russian vs Chinese, but that he might already be a Saab enthusiast + is a fairly well known quantity by the existing Saab owners... the Russian market is another significant one... I wonder though if there is enough pie left for Antonov to maintain his interest? VM is certainly losing his clout through all this, but that is probably not unsurprising + possibly good... that said, hopefully the resulting international board will not pull in too many directions at once... there may be widely varying objectives!
after all the recent news though, I suspect this is partly why GM might have been adverse to selling Saab to a fledgling entity such as Spyker... recognizing that it might end up like this... it takes deep pockets to fund a car company...
posted by 216.75.18...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, BrianG, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 11:48:24
- good (n/m), Siegfried, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:28:49
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, SENewhouse, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:39:24
- Ahhh, the irony of these comments.........n/m, MI-Roger , Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:07:54
- stay calm, it is only a 29.9% share in SAAB, and is..., ryan, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:43:16
- Now that Chinese Firms own and control Saab, I won't..., Billy, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:43:40
- Look what happened to Japan.., pushrodsaab, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 04:03:28
- they do not "own" and "control" SAAB, ryan, Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:44:05
- Volvo was in the same boat, still has great cars...., Paul H, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:37:09
- Why? Never buy clothes, electronics, consumer goods? nm, turrbo , Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:07:36
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 16:45:13
- Re: Spyker Cedes Control of Saab to Two Chinese Firms, pete, Mon, 13 Jun 2011 12:45:46
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!