NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
OK I have had to drink a bit since my late Friday afternoon confrontation with a customer. I have stopped shaking now. It was part age and part anger.
Could the good people of Phoenix give me some temperature readings from the center dash vent on various SAABs in our current climate. I have a customer with an 03 9-3 CV black with black leather interior. I might even consider buying some thermometers for decent input.
Long story short the CV in question had a dead recirc. motor and a concern of AC cool but not cold. I know all of you could do this job for $50, but where I work it comes out to $400. The customer was very angry (snippy even) and returned after 30 blocks of driving saying I had fixed nothing. I may be missing something. Granted I am old and I drinks a bit, but in the shade in the morning Tech2 shows an evap. temp of 37 F. The condensor is clean. I welcome any questions.
What I want to know is how cold does your center vent get after 10, 20 and 30 minutes driving after your SAAB has sat outside in Phoenix for the afternoon. Car color comparisons might be interesting too. I get in and out of several cars a day and I hate black leather. It's no myth.
Seriously if you want to help I will buy the thermometers.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, John Myers , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:42:08
- Measured temps with K-type thermocouple...., Drake, Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:23:27
- A couple inexpensive pocket thermometers may be helpful, MI-Roger , Sat, 2 Jul 2011 17:14:21
- Re: A/c in midwest temps and delta T temp, BobS, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:18:09
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, Scott Daggert, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 07:28:15
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, TML, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 06:03:41
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, Gargoyle , Sat, 2 Jul 2011 03:24:04
- Delta "T", Whirligigmike , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:50:28
- A/C standards, nwas, Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:06:59
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, saabdoc, Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:40:26
- hmmm, vvk, Sun, 3 Jul 2011 21:00:58
- Re: hmmm, John Myers , Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:49:26
- Thanks Eric., John Myers , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:47:27
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.