Ten Most Recently Updated Saabnet.com Member Photo Galleries | Profiles
Become a Saabnet.com Member Today - Click Here!
I've got a 9000, not a 9-5 (also not in Phoenix), but at least I've got actual numbers. Driving on the highway yesterday, ambient temperature 30C, vent temperature 11.3C. This is about as good as it has ever been in this car, which is not great. The temperature of the air coming out of the vents will not be directly affected by the black leather seats, but the interior cabin temperature certainly will. However, higher fan speed will raise the vent temperature, and trying to cool a hotter interior will obviously require a higher fan speed. You essentially have a finite amount of cooling capacity, and increasing the airflow will reduce the concentration of "cooling units" per specific volume of air.
I have two cars with completely black interiors, and would love to trade that in for a tan or cream coloured interior.
posted by 99.250.199...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, John Myers , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:42:08
- Measured temps with K-type thermocouple...., Drake, Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:23:27
- A couple inexpensive pocket thermometers may be helpful, MI-Roger , Sat, 2 Jul 2011 17:14:21
- Re: A/c in midwest temps and delta T temp, BobS, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:18:09
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, Scott Daggert, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 07:28:15
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, TML, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 06:03:41
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, Gargoyle , Sat, 2 Jul 2011 03:24:04
- Delta "T", Whirligigmike , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:50:28
- A/C standards, nwas, Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:06:59
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, saabdoc, Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:40:26
- hmmm, vvk, Sun, 3 Jul 2011 21:00:58
- Re: hmmm, John Myers , Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:49:26
- Thanks Eric., John Myers , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:47:27
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!