Have 2 9000's (96 & 97) in which the center vent temperature reach 42 to 43 degrees minimum up to about 90 out, humidity in the 60% range, and in automatic recirculation. Takes 5 miles+ at 45MPH or so, to pull down that far from hot soak in sun, the red car takes longer. With steady highway driving, the outlet temp will rise to near 50 degrees when the temperature gets over 90 outdoors. It appears the 9000 A/C has a maximum temp drop of about 45 degrees from ambient to center vent temp, in typical Midwest humidity. Color may make a difference, the silver 9K cools better than the red one.
I have had to adjust the anti-frost valve to keep an evaporator from freezing. This adjustment directly affects the center outlet minimum temperature, to cold or warm, and could be a factor in how well the A/C cools.
posted by 71.33.80...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, John Myers , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 18:42:08
- Measured temps with K-type thermocouple...., Drake, Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:23:27
- A couple inexpensive pocket thermometers may be helpful, MI-Roger , Sat, 2 Jul 2011 17:14:21
- Re: A/c in midwest temps and delta T temp, BobS, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:18:09
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, Scott Daggert, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 07:28:15
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, TML, Sat, 2 Jul 2011 06:03:41
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, Gargoyle , Sat, 2 Jul 2011 03:24:04
- Delta "T", Whirligigmike , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:50:28
- A/C standards, nwas, Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:06:59
- Re: Could I have some help from Phoenix,AZ ?, saabdoc, Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:40:26
- hmmm, vvk, Sun, 3 Jul 2011 21:00:58
- Re: hmmm, John Myers , Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:49:26
- Thanks Eric., John Myers , Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:47:27
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!