"whose current owner's heart never really seemed to be in it anyway"
The current owner was part of the 50 year history of NSS. I don't think it's fair to say his heart wasn't in it, he tried very hard to sell and service Saab's out of that location. At one point he was selling new cars for just over cost and hoping to make it up with regular servicing and used car sales. Did it work? No, but I don't think it's fair to say that it was because his heart was not in it. Even his Speed Shop that he has recently opened since the collapse of NSS states that they specialize in Saabs. I get you frustration in having to go a long way for warranty work, but that is not the fault of a dealer that could not pay their bills because the business was not sustainable based on customers through the door. You could get regular servicing done by the old owner of NSS and only do the hr and a half drive for warranty work.
posted by 208.118.143...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- last saab dealer is gone, derf, Sun, 9 Oct 2011 19:40:37
- Done with SAABs in Albany NY, ChuckD , Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:07:02
- Re: last saab dealer is gone, Dan springman, Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:27:53
- Re: last saab dealer is gone, Springman's Saab, Wed, 12 Oct 2011 09:10:25
- New Saabs going to auction in Detroit area?, MI-Roger , Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:45:23
- A disturbing trend., Noel , Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:28:29
- Vera Saab in Hollywood FL, JustinHiFi , Sun, 9 Oct 2011 21:37:27
- Still have two in my area, JerseySaab , Sun, 9 Oct 2011 19:48:00
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!