NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
First off I have absolutely no problems making life easier on the dis-abled. In fact when I broke my hip and was on crutches for a couple of months I used the parking spots myself. But do there have to be so frickin' many of them? It seems like there used to be 5 or 6 spots near the door which was fine with me. Now it seems like every store I go to there's more like 20--you can't get anywhere near the door. If they were being used, I'd again have no problem but most of the time there's one maybe two cars there. Sometimes there's none! Is there some kind of formula they use to calculate how many spots to designate as handicapped? Is it based on the total number of spots in the lot? Around here most large stores have large parking lots that are rarely most than 1/3rd full. Maybe they should change how they figure it. I'm thankful I don't need those spots (and never say never), and lets make sure we have more than enough of them, but it just seems like the number they have now has gotten totally out of hand. Does anyone know how they figure these things?
posted by 68.40.170...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Handicap parking spots, No Snaab , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 05:19:32
- What about the cell phone lot at the airport?, Finch, Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:38:43
- Re: Handicap parking spots, MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:04:03
- The ADA says, AlS , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:01:00
- It's the "expecting mother" spaces that get me..., B Millar , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:51:38
- Re: Handicap parking spots, TML, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:24:57
- Percent of total parking lot capacity, MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:42:56
- You can use the exercise, nwas, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:57:42
- I'm sure there's a formula., B Millar , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:07:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.