NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
And, beware of what's sold on a major national auction website. Lots of overpriced junked and more than a few counterfeits.
A colleague bought a bunch of US Franklin half dollars in 'proof' condition from the early-1960s at inflated prices as an investment off that site. He simply doesn't know the ins and outs of collecting and investing in rare coins, or silver and gold.
I inspected them and the coins had been cut from the original cellophane-wrapped US Mint proof sets and mishandled so their condition was poor and no true collector would buy them as 'proof.' As such, they're really, then, just worth melt value which is around $11.50/coin at today's spot. He paid almost $50 each.
Caveat emptor when buying this stuff.
posted by 76.232.19...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Any good/bad comments on Goldline.com..., Ron, Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:04:50
- Re: Any good/bad comments on Goldline.com..., Dano in Texas , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:00:33
- Re: Any good/bad comments on Goldline.com..., EGD , Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:26:04
- Re:Interest, BobS, Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:10:51
- Re: Any good/bad comments on Goldline.com..., turrbo , Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:56:47
- Re: Any good/bad comments on Goldline.com..., Aero~0657, Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:51:21
- Re: Any good/bad comments on Goldline.com..., Keith, Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:09:33
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.