I agree that some places have a lot. It's influenced by store/corporate policy, local zoning, state regulations, and maybe Federal Law. I know a guy who's into public developments, I'll solicit his feedback.
But, as for the non-handicapped, enjoy the walk. Jeez... people are so lazy these days. I don't know how many times I see some arrogant dbag part in a Fire Lane because s/he doesn't want to walk an extra 40 feet to the door.
Meanwhile, a short story to establish a baseline for you: I know a guy who had a major hip issue. Had to have it replaced. He couldn't walk very well afterwards. His doctor wrote him a "prescription" that would allow him to get a handicapped permit. He went down to the office where you apply. When he got there, he observed that the guy who was taking applications from people was a paraplegic. He was using a stick in his mouth to type the applications into the computer. He thought about it for about 60 seconds, decided he wasn't anywhere near "handicapped", and walked back out. Think about that when you see those spaces, and try to act with equal humanity.
posted by 173.76.11...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Handicap parking spots, No Snaab , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 05:19:32
- What about the cell phone lot at the airport?, Finch, Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:38:43
- Re: Handicap parking spots, MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:04:03
- The ADA says, AlS , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:01:00
- It's the "expecting mother" spaces that get me..., B Millar , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:51:38
- Re: Handicap parking spots, TML, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:24:57
- Percent of total parking lot capacity, MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:42:56
- You can use the exercise, nwas, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:57:42
- I'm sure there's a formula., B Millar , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:07:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!