It is a little absurd. Regardless of whatever formula they use, in practice it's too high. In lots that have more than two or three handicap spots, I've never seen them even 3/4 full, and 95% of the time they are less than half full. At my last place of work, we were obligated to have one of the 8 spots as a handicapped spot, which meant employees and customers often didn't have a place to park. In over 10 years, that handicapped spot was never used once. I don't mind walking further, but literally not having a place to park while leaving spots eternally empty on the off chance a handicapped person needs it is too much.
posted by 24.246.55...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Handicap parking spots, No Snaab , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 05:19:32
- What about the cell phone lot at the airport?, Finch, Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:38:43
- Re: Handicap parking spots, MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:04:03
- The ADA says, AlS , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:01:00
- It's the "expecting mother" spaces that get me..., B Millar , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:51:38
- Re: Handicap parking spots, TML, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:24:57
- Percent of total parking lot capacity, MI-Roger , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:42:56
- You can use the exercise, nwas, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:57:42
- I'm sure there's a formula., B Millar , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:07:03
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!