NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Those are called flight simulators and have been around for decades, long, long before there were video games. They are used to learn new functions before getting into the aircraft, to increase training time, and make it all safer. The guys flying drones are video game jocks. They are good but don't have any skin in the game.
Most real military flight training is in the aircraft, learning how to fly the plane in all types of weather, day and night, on all types of missions. When I was in the Navy I used to hang with pilots, saw how they trained and it's the time in the front seat, with hands on the stick, pulling g's and finding the edges of the envelope that makes the difference.
Talking and flying at the same time isn't hard if you keep the chatter down, which is one of the points that's drilled into military pilots.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Cellphones and driving, Noel , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:28:12
- Re: Cellphones and driving, Craig, Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:40:55
- Here's a Study with N > 100,000,000, Reality, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 18:50:54
- doesn't matter anyway, ryan, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 12:42:45
- Re: Cellphones and driving, JohnA , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:36:40
- Re: Cellphones and driving, JerseySaab , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:48:41
- I suspect the research is less than accurate., Noel , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:16:47
- Re: I suspect the research is less than accurate., Judge Edo, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:56:22
- Re: I suspect the research is less than accurate., Simon S, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:46:13
- The truth - do your own test, nwas, Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:15:28
- Re: I suspect the research is less than accurate., JerseySaab , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 10:36:11
- Re: Cellphones and driving, JohnA , Wed, 14 Dec 2011 07:56:05
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.