NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Here are my thoughts....
first, I would consider selling it! As much as I love my vintage Saabs my mind would not be at ease worrying about how my car was holding up. A 9K miles Viggen is very cool but it might be worth less in 3 years than today - hard to predict.
With regard to jacking/not jacking. I've heard that it is bad for gas shocks NOT to be compressed - could be a wives tale, I don't know. Call a company like Bilstein and ask their technical support maybe they could provide clarity.
All that being said, if I was going to store a car like this I would have all brake fluid flushed with new, if I could find gas without ethanol, I empty the tank of the gas that is in there and refill with non-ethenol gas. Also change oil, trans fluid, power steering fluid, etc. Then I would store it in a climate controlled facility. Expect to pay big for 3 years of climate controlled.
Some people (including myself) have stored vintage cars in less than ideal conditions and had minimal problems but those cars were a lot less sophisticated than a Viggen. If I let one of my Saabs sit for three years, I would not be surprised if the fuel pump no longer worked or the throw out bearing dried out.
posted by 98.114.203...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Long-Term Viggen Storage, Dave, Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:58:52
- Actually, where are you?, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:59:59
- You could try a "car cocoon?" or sell it to me! LOL, Paul H, Fri, 23 Dec 2011 06:43:35
- For critters we use the electric devices...., Skip, Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:17:29
- Re: Long-Term Viggen Storage, Erik919kt , Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:32:58
- I'll garage it for ya'. :-), Boston Baab, Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:24:00
- Re: Long-Term Viggen Storage, dmz789qqq, Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:05:58
- Re: Long-Term Viggen Storage, turbocon86, Thu, 22 Dec 2011 12:58:20
- I do not agree with putting the car on stands, bender , Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:02:57
- Re: I do not agree with putting the car on stands, Dave, Tue, 27 Dec 2011 08:47:47
- Stress Worries, sondeen , Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:11:52
- Also, I drive my car onto a big tarp so as to, bender , Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:04:50
- Re: Long-Term Viggen Storage, Dave, Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:10:06
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.