Importing from the US is a huge pain. I only did it because I literally couldn't find a '96-98 5spd 9k Aero anywhere in Canada several years ago. I'd be very hesitant to do it again. Things to keep in mind:
You will pay duty (I think it's 6%).
Unless it's close enough to pick up, you'll pay between $1000-2000 to get it to you.
You will still pay the same tax that you will pay if you buy locally.
You may have to get a recall clearance letter, a out-of-country inspection, and an out-of-province inspection; maybe if it's new you don't have to do those things.
posted by 24.246.55...
Posts in this Thread:
- are these deals on new saabs good?, pete, Thu, 9 Feb 2012 18:27:21
- They put 9-5 SportCombi in the ad. How nice!, dmz789qqq, Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:45:41
- Re: are these deals on new saabs good?, James, Fri, 10 Feb 2012 06:15:10
- Re: are these deals on new saabs good?, TML, Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:36:36
- Re: are these deals on new saabs good?, EGD , Thu, 9 Feb 2012 19:37:28
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!