For myself, Common parts like light bulbs, battery, oil filters, disc-rotors, spark-plugs ect....
Is fine. Example you can have a forty year old car and still drive it because of the basic mechanical parts. However when items like ECUs, body control units, dash unit ect.. parts in the P-Bus section start failing after about four to five years from now I won't hesitate to take it to Sims metal for vehical re-cycling and simply buy another non-SAAB car as their will be no low mileage SAABs out their in the future. Unless you get your old SAAB and put a crate-motor package inside or some other custom power train package.
Just my two Bobs worth!
My Silver SAAB 142,543 Kms total distance todate.
posted by 114.72.242...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- SAAB parts availability?, JonH, Wed, 8 Feb 2012 08:28:47
- Re: SAAB parts availability?, TB, Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:52:08
- Re: SAAB parts availability?, JustinHiFi , Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:16:10
- I ordered a 9-5 Neutral Safety Switch in mid-December, MI-Roger , Wed, 8 Feb 2012 11:32:01
- wrecker?, James, Thu, 9 Feb 2012 07:27:15
- Is this a manual or automatic?, TML, Thu, 9 Feb 2012 06:00:27
- Not Shipped, Not Available, MI-Roger , Thu, 9 Feb 2012 03:56:17
- There are still massive gaps in availability., Chadwick , Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:31:28
- Re: SAAB parts availability?, SWEDECAR , Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:08:03
- Parts are flowing..., Paul H, Wed, 8 Feb 2012 08:57:22
- yes (n/m), Siegfried, Wed, 8 Feb 2012 08:31:01
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!