NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
really what you're saying is it is safest to keep the average wear on your tires as low as possible... which is also achievable by rotating tires regularly + reselling all 4 as soon as they drop a mm or 2...
On the c900 the front outside edge of the front tires wears faster than anything else... so swapping front to back + flipping over the rims periodically extends useful tire life.
I haven't had a 9-5 long enough, but they seem to eat the insides of tires, at least if the alignment is not quite right...
too bad 9-5 wheels don't fit on the c900! could swap back and forth to even tire wear ;-)...
I do agree that rotation is mostly about economy, but severe asymmetric wear can compromise safety, *usually* only at the end of the tire's useful life anyway...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Two good tires, two bad ones. What to do?, bender , Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:02:57
- If you are wearing them out as shortly as 1.5years, Tim, Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:15:12
- Re: Two good tires, two bad ones. What to do?, JimBlake , Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:52:31
- You never said you couldn't afford them! Just get the, nicknick , Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:21:30
- Re: Two good tires, two bad ones. What to do?, Simon S, Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:19:58
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.