NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The Pilots are more of a performance tire and tend to be grippier, so will actually hurt fuel mileage. Ditto for Bridgestone's Potenza line versus its Turanza or Ectopia tires.
For mileage improvements you probably should be looking at a "Grand Touring" tire, some of which do have low rolling resistance versions. Both Bridgestone and Michelin have them. How much of a difference they make is harder to say. Just keeping tires properly inflated and driving reasonably does a lot for tire life and fuel mileage.
But how real are the savings with an LRR tire?
if you average 25 mpg on "normal" tires for 12K miles you use 480 gallons of gas.
if you average 27 mpg on LRR tires for 12K miles you use 444 gallons.
So you save about two tanks of gas a year. Not bad, $140 or so.
But as they say, YMMV.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Tires... rolling resistance rating anywhere?, Snowmobile , Tue, 3 Apr 2012 08:22:31
- Re: Tires... rolling resistance rating anywhere?, OKSaabs , Thu, 5 Apr 2012 07:39:24
- thanks, Snowmobile , Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:39:34
- Aren Pilot line are Michelin's performance tires, Noel , Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:18:04
- Re: Tires... rolling resistance rating anywhere?, Dean, Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:55:06
- Re: Michelin, Siegfried, Tue, 3 Apr 2012 08:53:00
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.