NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
in reading the specs on it it says the base is 39" wide. do you think you will have to bolt/weld longer base "legs" (5' angle/square tube steel)onto it for stability? my thinking is if it had a wider base, that would be more stable still?
my concern would be if you happened to be wrenching on something really stubborn, and that action (or when you slam into the car when something breaks) might cause the 3500 lb 6'wide car to possibly go timmmberrrr along with the lift.
scott,what do you or anyone else think? paranoid? reasonable question/concern?
now if i only had a garage, or a level concrete floor...
posted by 68.6.87...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Giving my Saabs a lift, Scott Daggert, Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:39:59
- Re: Giving my Saabs a lift, TML, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 08:16:26
- thanks for answering the questions, now one more..., baggsly , Sun, 8 Apr 2012 09:25:38
- Re: thanks for answering the questions, now one more..., Scott Daggert, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 21:21:41
- Lift stability, BobS, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:00:44
- Lift stability, BobS, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:00:18
- A few more questions answered, Scott Daggert, Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:22:44
- My wife's been bugging me to get one of those....., MI-Roger , Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:28:15
- That looks awesome....given that we (most) do a lot of, bender , Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:32:06
- more info please..., SRS900S, Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:51:50
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.