Ten Most Recently Updated Saabnet.com Member Photo Galleries | Profiles
Become a Saabnet.com Member Today - Click Here!
There's a similar device in the garage of the house I moved into last year. It's built right into the floor, and the lift pad is a 4x6' flat. I built a couple of risers out of 4x4 to reach the jacking points, and it works pretty well. The whole engine compartment is exposed. The only major thing that is inaccessible is the exhaust system; I also couldn't use it when I was replacing a parking brake cable, but that's a pretty rare thing. Mine is hydraulic, and has no locking points, so I'm a little concerned about the possibility of a hydraulic failure, however unlikely that may be. Anyone have any ideas for a fail-safe system?
posted by 24.246.55...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Giving my Saabs a lift, Scott Daggert, Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:39:59
- Re: Giving my Saabs a lift, TML, Mon, 9 Apr 2012 08:16:26
- thanks for answering the questions, now one more..., baggsly , Sun, 8 Apr 2012 09:25:38
- Re: thanks for answering the questions, now one more..., Scott Daggert, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 21:21:41
- Lift stability, BobS, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:00:44
- Lift stability, BobS, Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:00:18
- A few more questions answered, Scott Daggert, Fri, 6 Apr 2012 11:22:44
- My wife's been bugging me to get one of those....., MI-Roger , Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:28:15
- That looks awesome....given that we (most) do a lot of, bender , Thu, 5 Apr 2012 19:32:06
- more info please..., SRS900S, Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:51:50
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!