NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I basically have found them to be a bunch of mindless jerks who should be the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.
I don't do much in the way of buying stuff on the internet, but do so on occasion. A few years ago I bought a small pocket-sized Linux computer (SmartQ 5) from a vendor in Hong Kong and signed up with PayPal for that transaction. Afterwards I canceled the PayPal account.
A couple of years later I was buying from someone who wanted to be payed that way and attempted to sign up again. PayPal refused to accept my credit card, saying it was "in use" on "another account." (It's not, I use the card very little and would know right away if there were any bogus charges.)
Their support was totally useless and unhelpful in the extreme. I don't have any other credit cards, so they essentially have me locked out. (I'm not big into credit and in fact have not applied for any credit card or loan in about 30 years now and will not get another card just for them. And I will certainly not give them any bank account info.) So I avoid using PayPal at all costs, if someone I'm buying from insists that's what they want I get a friend with an active account to pay on my behalf.
They can go to blazes as far as I am concerned. My $0.02 worth.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Ebay selling Q-how to stop deadbeat bidders?, nicknick , Fri, 25 May 2012 20:29:57
- and then there's PayPal..., thatbobguy , Sat, 26 May 2012 19:10:55
- I love PayPal!, Scott Paterson , Sat, 26 May 2012 22:31:48
- Re: I despise PayPal!, thatbobguy , Sun, 27 May 2012 19:12:09
- I hate PayPal (long rant), JerseySaab , Sun, 27 May 2012 05:16:36
- PayPal Support, Scott Paterson , Mon, 28 May 2012 09:11:41
- And this is why you hate it ????, dmz789qqq, Sun, 27 May 2012 10:40:21
- Right On!, Scott Paterson , Mon, 28 May 2012 09:17:35
- Used it since 90's when they gave you $5 referral., Norm95, Sun, 27 May 2012 13:11:14
- correct me if I'm wrong, but..., Snowmobile , Sun, 27 May 2012 12:17:39
- You bet!, JerseySaab , Sun, 27 May 2012 12:01:06
- Identical problem, identical opinion, MI-Roger , Sun, 27 May 2012 09:36:21
- I had 0 feedback 7 years ago, Siegfried, Sat, 26 May 2012 13:57:49
- I avoid the Bay, better luck with other forums, <I-Roger, Sat, 26 May 2012 07:09:39
- me too., Snowmobile , Sat, 26 May 2012 07:31:32
- Have you considered Saabnet Classifieds?, Used to be Chaz, Sat, 26 May 2012 06:30:25
- Re: Ebay selling Q-how to stop deadbeat bidders?, Larry Byer, Sat, 26 May 2012 05:55:42
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.