Many people are surprised to learn that in the US we move a greater percentage of our freight by train than Europe. Trucks of course play an important role too. They have gotten a break on emissions for a bit too long, but moving goods by truck is a lot more essential than millions of Jim Suburbs using a Suburban to commute to work every day.
posted by 66.44.114...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- the internal combustion engine not becoming a dodobird, JohnA , Sat, 23 Jun 2012 07:47:39
- i don't care what anyone thinks or trys nothing will change, vvack0matic, Sat, 23 Jun 2012 21:14:20
- Trucks nothing, it all starts with Marine Shipping. nm, Simon S, Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:23:09
- good reason to switch to trains *ducks* nm, Trev, Sun, 24 Jun 2012 21:40:05
- Different perspective: MPG to payload ratio, AeroBaron, Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:14:45
- Great point!, Noel , Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:17:38
- Energy density., Cary, Sun, 24 Jun 2012 07:46:18
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!