NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I agree that it is important to compare similar quality hardware. I don't necessarily consider Mac hardware to be that stellar - it's reasonably good, but so is the better stuff from ASUS, Toshiba, etc. Equivalent hardware from those folks is cheaper than Mac, but not as enormously so as with lower end brands... The thing with PC hardware is it is important to research it first, because there is an awful lot of junk (at all price points), and one really doesn't want to have to deal with that!
As to the Mac Mini... well, it is actually one of my favourite Apple products... but it certainly has it's (pretty significant) limitations also... it all really comes down to how one wants to use a computer, and imho there is no real universal choice...
I also agree with Zig in that I try to change over machines as little as possible. Again, it all depends what one does with them, but newer machines tend to need (or at least come with) more bloated, slower software that sucks up that processor power/memory/disk space etc... It's a vicious cycle. On that note, the primary reason to upgrade imho is if compatibility needs (eg with co-workers) dictate software upgrades that are not possible on existing hardware...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- MAC vs PC -- Buying new home computer, STICKMAN, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 06:15:45
- Decision made, STICKMAN, Fri, 6 Jul 2012 06:19:22
- You get what you pay for - most times, MI-Roger , Fri, 6 Jul 2012 04:07:20
- Re: MAC vs PC -- Buying new home computer, Bruce, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 23:10:37
- A bunch of my friends/colleagues have switched, Noel , Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:52:42
- PC 'Ultrabook' and another thumbs up for the mini, shauno, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 15:36:10
- PC running Linux, JerseySaab , Thu, 5 Jul 2012 11:55:06
- Definitely a Mac, vvk, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 09:49:32
- niether, Siegfried, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:52:20
- the age-old debate..., Snowmobile , Thu, 5 Jul 2012 06:49:24
- Asus ?, STICKMAN, Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:14:56
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.