NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Although I don't use Windows myself, I have to deal with it in the field for work. You shouldn't have too much trouble adapting as the user interface is an evolution of what Windows has used for many years. (The upcoming Windows 8 is another story, a lot of people may have problems adjusting to that.)
You may have trouble with some older software and with some older hardware, such as old printers or other devices for which Windows 7 drivers are not available. In particular there is no support for 16-bit applications in Windows 7, at least not in the 64-bit versions which are what most systems are pre-loaded with.
You can always run XP in a virtual machine to run older software if necessary. You can use "XP Mode" if you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate, for Win7 Home you would need an XP license key from an old machine and use something like Virtualbox or VMware to run XP in a virtual environment.
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Win7 vs XP ?, STICKMAN, Fri, 6 Jul 2012 07:21:36
- Re: Win7 vs XP ?, Boomer, Sat, 7 Jul 2012 14:40:46
- Probably no drivers for XP, Trev, Sat, 7 Jul 2012 07:38:10
- I use both...., MI-Roger , Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:22:21
- Re: Win7 vs XP ?, Snowmobile , Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:25:49
- Re: Win7 vs XP ?, Justin VanAbrahams, Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:26:14
- Win7 is ok unless you're stuck with specific s/w or h/w, Siegfried, Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:48:56
- You should not have too much trouble, JerseySaab , Fri, 6 Jul 2012 07:44:29
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.