Click Banner for Details on this Saabnet.com Classified
The CDC data at least are pretty damning:
"Helmets are estimated to prevent 37 percent of crash deaths among motorcycle riders and 41 percent of crash deaths for motorcycle passengers."
"In one year, cost savings in states with universal motorcycle helmet laws were nearly four times greater (per registered motorcycle) than in states without these comprehensive laws. In 2010, annual costs saved from helmet use, in terms of medical, productivity, and other costs, ranged from a high of $394 million in California (which has a universal helmet law) to a low of $2.6 million in New Mexico (which has a partial law)."
Florida has an interesting approach where you can only go without a helmet if you have health insurance (I have no idea how that's enforceable.
I guess it's a situation where it might be better to protect people from themselves (and everyone else from the costs they cause). That said, I've ridden without a helmet abroad and it is pretty fun (not sure I'd do it here, but then I've never lived in a no helmet state), so I can't get too preachy!
posted by 66.44.114...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- North Carolina state inspections what a joke., (no name) thread will expire, Mon, 9 Jul 2012 19:02:53
- You actually have an inspection?, Bill Homer, Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:11:19
- feel free to move back to where you came from, tarheel, Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:06:09
- Sounds like a lax local garage/Inspection Center., MI-Roger , Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:32:47
- Re: North Carolina state inspections what a joke., turbocon86, Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:18:49
- Re: North Carolina state inspections what a joke., Craig, Tue, 10 Jul 2012 07:52:04
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!