I'd love to know how it could be established that certain tax dollars to towards certain things but not others. Even in the event that they constructed some sort of bookkeeping mechanism to make it appear that way, the reality is if they set property tax rates at some percentage "for the schools" then other tax rates are set to pay for everything else. In the end the taxes in must equal the expenditures. On-paper distinctions are meaningless when it's just a matter of which of their own pocket's the government is taking the money from.
They do this nonsense all the time. Gas taxes are for the roads right? Government revenue from the lottery is for senior citizens? Property taxes are for schools? Sure whatever. I dunno about you, but my bills don't know where the dollar that pays them came from.
posted by 138.162....
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Buying a house!, B Millar , Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:10:42
- A 4-2 cape with a 2-car garage?, Dan-O, Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:01:19
- Yep!, B Millar , Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:28:54
- real estate tax, smt, Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:17:51
- The new reality of home onwership, MI-Roger , Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:17:01
- Are you guys serious?, ELaw , Thu, 19 Jul 2012 05:48:21
- millions of owners have neq equity today nm, dtecakacheaptech, Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:45:17
- Re: Are you guys serious?, HudsonValleySaabGuy, Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:15:28
- Yes, I am serious, MI-Roger , Thu, 19 Jul 2012 14:04:03
- Re: The new reality of home onwership, dtechakacheaptech , Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:26:01
- I don't think much has changed except valuation..., Snowmobile , Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:37:39
- Re: Buying a house!, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:43:42
- Yeah..., B Millar , Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:54:10
- Re: Yeah..., Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:25:35
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!