NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
I have the same problem accept it's about 15 acres--mine was growing about a foot a week. First off don't try to bag it. If you let it sit for a day or two it dries out and shrinks to about a third in volume. If you have mulching blades on your mower that'll help. You just plain have to cut it more often--I cut it twice a week when it's growing like that (it takes two full days each time). Water it less and don't fertilize--I banned our fertilizer guys from the property for the last two months. If you cut it more often you'll be able to grind it up to some degree, but you might have to rake some of it up. We've been in a drought here so it's been less of a problem lately. I am getting a vacuum trailer for clippings and an even more insidious problem--leaves!
posted by 68.40.170...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Super lawn, vvack0matic, Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:35:54
- You need to rethink, EricG, Mon, 30 Jul 2012 21:38:35
- Actually..., No Snaab , Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:01:26
- Actually..., No Snaab , Sat, 21 Jul 2012 06:01:15
- Curious what part of the country that you live in?, Bill Homer, Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:40:20
- Hire a lawn care service to mow it, MI-Roger , Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:03:57
- No way, vvack0matic, Fri, 20 Jul 2012 19:31:35
- Plant trees....., GFW3pedals , Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:29:29
- Re: Super lawn, No Snaab , Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:55:25
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.