NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Safety is obviously not a significant concern with that company.
I don't know what the current iteration is of their minivan, but I'm assuming it's still the same as the one Euro NCAP was shocked by a few years ago.
They had never seen a newer model of a product line perform worse than the one it replaced, until the Chrysler minivan.
I had read about the Cherokee Moose test in Consumer Reports (I know, the devil, blah, blah, blah), and they said Jeep's defense was that the test overloaded the vehicle. I had the sound down watching the video just now, not sure what detail they gave, but it sounds like their test is much more "real world" than what (any) manufacturer lists as vehicle max load. CR's defense for giving their test Jeep a satisfactory score in their emergency lane change test is the specific engine/wheel/trans package in their test vehicle was different than this moose test.
2007 9-5 Aero SC [60th]
2004 9-3 Aero
2005 9-5 Aero
2005 9-5 Arc
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Swedes keeping Chrysler honest & hopefully safer, JohnA , Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:32:36
- Re: Swedes keeping Chrysler honest & hopefully safer, Justin VanAbrahams, Wed, 1 Aug 2012 12:08:51
- Re: Swedes keeping Chrysler honest & hopefully safer, AdamB , Thu, 2 Aug 2012 13:06:57
- overloaded by 200lbs, who here hasn't done that?, AeroEd , Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:33:31
- Re: Swedes keeping Chrysler honest & hopefully safer, Kristjan, Wed, 1 Aug 2012 23:45:33
- wow, magazine like that should be shut down nm, ryan, Wed, 1 Aug 2012 21:17:56
- that's good example why I'd never buy a Chrysler, AeroEd , Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:50:07
Post a Followup
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Conact |
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.