Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I'll go off the rails and say... Maytag.
Their quality definitely isn't where it used to be, but after comparing a half dozen dishwashers three years ago - including Miele and Bosch - I went for the Maytag. It's as quiet as the Bosch dishwashers here at the office, does a superior job cleaning, and felt better to use (racks *especially*). I did get a higher-end model with a macerator to avoid clogs with food - that was a deal-cinching feature that at the time I could not find with many others. IIRC I bought it from us-appliance and it was pretty cheap... $600?
The thing I have found after years of owning Maytag appliances is that they're all fixable, easily. The internet abounds with repair info, you can buy parts from all sorts of places. When a shorted power line nuked my clothes washer with 240v I thought I was hosed, but 30 minutes on Google and $140 to Sears got me a new control module which I installed in about an hour. Although I'd like appliances to just work & last, I don't think that's realistic these days, so repairability factors in highly to my purchase decision. :)
So, nothing against Bosch whatsoever... I went down a different road and have no regrets. :)
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, TG, Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:37:14
- "more than a fridge, it's the family hub", cheaptech , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:38:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, John Q. Smith, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:14:21
- is the pump dead? That's an easy fix., Notnoel , Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:15:18
- Re: Hey, Tom g , Wed, 8 Nov 2017 14:58:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Tom g , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:32:501
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:31:54 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Dennis_MA , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:26:52
- Bosch +1, DnstrDan , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 06:15:46
- Bosch... but..., ELaw , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:13:19
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Snowmobile , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:52:22
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations? i like bosch !, neil dale , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 15:15:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 220.127.116.11 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!