NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I am allways amused that people have problems w/ all manner of things and never just modify the thing ! FIX IT ! eg cars, dishwashers office chairs! ( my office chair was top heavy so I took the old brake disc fr the wifes car, sanded, painted it put it on the bottom of the chair base voila' lower center of gravity and not so many tip overs! ) I think the bottom rack issue could be fixed by altering the wheels /track so it would not come off ! and you could ballast weight the rack w/ stainless steel pieces of metal wired in w/ stainless steel safety wire ! as I was told by the salesmen the racks are changeable? and you could bend, cut off (and re-seal the edges ) prongs so there was more room for whatever! The same skills I use to modify, improve every vehicle I've ever owned can transfer to all appliances too ! as far as the filter ? can you just fit a larger hole size screen? guys have sure done it to the oil pickup assy on the Saab! Are we talking simple fabrication skills eh? Boy am I sorry for the younger generation that never got to take shop class!,Auto shop, metal shop, machine shop I had wonderfull shop class teachers that taught us to think outside the box and we would fix REAL issues like this! our parents were amazed! we felt useful and wise and it inculcated, empowered in us a lifelong ability to modify, repair, improve everything in our lives! these classes should be REQUIRED! I was considered an odd fish as I, son of a Doctor, Honors society, obviously, college material, insisted in taking all these too!
Posts in this Thread:
- Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, TG, Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:37:14
- "more than a fridge, it's the family hub", cheaptech , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:38:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, John Q. Smith, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:14:21
- is the pump dead? That's an easy fix., Notnoel , Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:15:18
- Re: Hey, Tom g , Wed, 8 Nov 2017 14:58:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Tom g , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:32:501
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:31:54
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Dennis_MA , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:26:52
- Bosch +1, DnstrDan , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 06:15:46
- Bosch... but..., ELaw , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:13:19
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Snowmobile , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:52:22
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations? i like bosch !, neil dale , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 15:15:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.