NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
well, you must not be too marveled! (or you'd have put it back on already ) Might it not have been just for cooling? what if the battery charging built up a concentration of HYDROGEN gas? the fresh air would help dissipate it ! this could be an issue in a semi-sealed battery box (my viggen has it too - the hose and I think Saab was wise and wonderful and I use the hose !) ( but I met a guy who was blind as a battery blew up, in his face ! - he formerly owned a BMW dealership ! ) this reminds me of the guys who take , took off their underhood insulation /didn't replace it as it got saggy, old and they diss it say it's not needed HA it IS ! ! my wifes 9-3 had an underhood fire - the fan resistor shorted out and the fan shroud (plastic) caught on fire burned quite a bit of parts under the hood it did until it melted the top radiator hose and THat put out the fire ! JUST as the fire dept showed up !( the firemen marveled at he Saab safety ! said "Hey! that's a really safe car has a built-in fire suppression system ! !" so we had a $3,000 +_ ins claim engine compartment battery damage I fixed it myself but the HOOD and paint was NOT harmed! Also, in the AZ desert, it gets bloody hot as HADES and the insulation helps protect the paint The lesson is that the Saab engineers had a good reason for putting it there and it's supposed to be there ! when I question any authority, but especially an engineer I ask WHY they did it 1st
->Posting last edited on Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:48:04.
Posts in this Thread:
- Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, TG, Sun, 5 Nov 2017 12:37:14
- "more than a fridge, it's the family hub", cheaptech , Sun, 12 Nov 2017 05:38:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, John Q. Smith, Sun, 12 Nov 2017 02:14:21
- is the pump dead? That's an easy fix., Notnoel , Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:15:18
- Re: Hey, Tom g , Wed, 8 Nov 2017 14:58:52
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Tom g , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 20:32:501
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 6 Nov 2017 10:31:54
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Dennis_MA , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:26:52
- Bosch +1, DnstrDan , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 06:15:46
- Bosch... but..., ELaw , Mon, 6 Nov 2017 05:13:19
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations?, Snowmobile , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 18:52:22
- Re: Dishwasher died. Any recommendations? i like bosch !, neil dale , Sun, 5 Nov 2017 15:15:42
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Poverty2Prosperity.org | RandomScreening.com
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.