NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The included photo is my hoped for post-retirement work place. It is the interior of my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather's Sawmill which has been preserved and restored at Greenfield Village outside Detroit. Unfortunately it is now only a static display rather than an operating Muley Style sawmill. My post-retirement dream job is to become a Docent for the Village (we are already members) and operate this Mill as a demonstration exhibit for visitors.
I have found an operating Sash Style Sawmill in Connecticut which relies upon volunteers to operate, but I haven't found any Muley Style Mills which do the same thing. The difference being that Muley Styles use a thicker bare blade gliding up & down between wood or metal guide blocks whereas the Sash Style has a thinner blade fixed in a broad wooden frame (reminiscent of a window sash) and the entire wooden frame goes up and down. Significant similarities but some unique differences too.
So to the Saabnet Brain Trust: Anyone know of a Muley Mill in their local area where I can apply to apprentice in the Spring of 2020?
->Posting last edited on Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:34:51.
2008 9-5 Aero Sedan
2006 9-3SC 2.0T
2000 Viggen Convertible
2000 9-5lpt Sedan, sold at 318K miles
Posts in this Thread:
- OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, MI-Roger , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:08:12 <-- Viewing This Message1
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, none-yet, Thu, 8 Feb 2018 07:37:41
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, DickT , Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:51:33
- No idea, way cool., Cary, Mon, 5 Feb 2018 16:05:13
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, Dennis_MA , Sat, 3 Feb 2018 07:55:06
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, Norval99 , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 21:51:45
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, Norval99 , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 21:28:05
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, EGD , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:09:20
- Re: OT: Where to learn how to operate an Antique Sawmill?, bobc , Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:20:31
- Thanks!, MI-Roger , Sat, 3 Feb 2018 04:52:45
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.