NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
If you cannot convince the insurer to not total it, and you plan to keep the car indefinitely, you can do what I did with my 2000 9-3 in a similar situation in 2005 (where another driver was at fault and their insurance wanted to total my car). Take the payment, let them total it, and then tell them you want to buy it back using the payment. You will end up with a salvage title, but you still have the car and hopefully there is enough delta between the payout price and what you would pay to buy it back at salvage to get the dents repaired.
At least here in NC, I drove my 9-3 for 10 more years on the salvage title with no issues of driving it, getting it licensed, or getting insurance on it with USAA.
->Posting last edited on Thu, 24 May 2018 08:26:10.
1971 Sonett III (since 2010)
2000 9-3 5-door (since new)
2008 9-5 2.3T SportCombi (since 2014)
Posts in this Thread:
- appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, nelangland , Wed, 23 May 2018 23:40:34
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, nelangland , Tue, 29 May 2018 16:45:37
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, neil dale , Tue, 29 May 2018 16:41:411
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, Bernie , Sat, 26 May 2018 14:57:45
- How about Collector and Classic Car Insurance?, DnstrDan , Sat, 26 May 2018 09:59:27
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, NCCaniac , Thu, 24 May 2018 08:24:46 <-- Viewing This Message1
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.