NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
thanks to all that responded to my cry for help. it is good to be in such good company.
each of you has provided an excellent suggestion and i am looking more deeply into my options - again. w
hen last i checked, my carrier - usaa - did not offer stated value coverage. i'll check again, both for my 900 and 9-3 vig. (NOTE) there are other usaa-related complications that i won't belabor at this point that mitigate that options, or did when i last checked). hagerty has an office in golden, co, about 20 minutes west on the 6.
under colorado law, i have the right to offer comps which the carrier may heed or not. the next phase is for the carrier and i each to hire an appraiser, who in turn agree upon a referee. each appraiser submits an estimate, the ref makes the call. this process may be a waste of time and money ($300 or so) but i feel my car, pre-hail, was worth 125% more than usaa quoted.
a piece of advice, based on my experience: specified value insurance is worth the trouble. i wish i'd done it.
Posts in this Thread:
- appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, nelangland , Wed, 23 May 2018 23:40:34
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, nelangland , Tue, 29 May 2018 16:45:37 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, neil dale , Tue, 29 May 2018 16:41:411
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, Bernie , Sat, 26 May 2018 14:57:45
- How about Collector and Classic Car Insurance?, DnstrDan , Sat, 26 May 2018 09:59:27
- Re: appraiser needed, '92 900T Conv, insurance company lowball, NCCaniac , Thu, 24 May 2018 08:24:461
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.