The guy needs a better lawyer - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
I believe in commercial business law an advertisement is not an offer. The person responding to an advertisement is considered to make the offer, which the seller can then accept. Offer, acceptance.
This is to protect businessmen from errors in an advertisement, like a misprint of the intended price.
Not sure if that extends to casual sales of cars, by people who are not in the trade.
Until a written contract is signed (bill of sale) or money changes hands, I don't think the buyer has much of a case. There was his offer, rejected by the buyer and no consideration changed hands. If were pursuant to an auction, the buyer could sue for specific performance.
posted by 47.22.12...
Posts in this Thread:
- Check Out this Classified Bullying over 1993 Saab 900 SPG, Scott Paterson , Sun, 3 Jun 2018 16:22:103
- They are getting bolder and coming out of the woodwork, Janik , Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:48:51
- Re: Wow, really crazy. n/m, Tom g , Tue, 5 Jun 2018 12:30:22
- The guy needs a better lawyer, andym, Tue, 5 Jun 2018 06:36:58 <-- Viewing This Message1
- The Saab In Question..., Scott Paterson , Sun, 3 Jun 2018 20:02:161
- Re: Check Out this Classified Bullying over 1993 Saab 900 SPG, EGD , Sun, 3 Jun 2018 19:43:584
- Re: Check Out this Classified Bullying over 1993 Saab 900 SPG, DnstrDan , Sun, 3 Jun 2018 17:11:042
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!