NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
A few thoughts on monster trucks...
1) I have emphasized to my kids repeatedly that you should never overpay for vehicles because they depreciate at an absurd rate. A $70K monster truck is paid for in after-tax income and is probably financed. You’re real cost in wages in probably north of $115K. Nuts! I just bought a loaded leftover 2016 Volvo S60 Premier E-drive with 65 miles on the odometer for $20K + tax/license. I’ll drive it for 10 years. Not nuts.
2) Most of these monster trucks could not pass a vehicle inspection if California thought it prudent to have one. As it is, we share the road with these knuckleheads even though most of the mods are not street legal.
3) I will say, though, that nothing attracts the ladies quite like a pair of faux testicles hanging from your monster truck trailer hitch so clearly I missed out on that vibe in my younger days. Darn...
4) On the plus side, those monster trucks did great work in Houston rescuing people from the floods last year so they can be useful in a one out of a thousand circumstance.
5) Have never seen a monster Saab but I’m sure they exist somewhere.
->Posting last edited on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 14:22:59.
Posts in this Thread:
- I'm convinced it's inherent to pickup trucks, GFW3pedals , Fri, 8 Jun 2018 06:57:121
- Re: I'm convinced it's inherent to pickup trucks, Dan-O, Fri, 15 Jun 2018 05:40:11
- It's not what you drive..., AdamSAAB2kAero , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 13:41:56
- Anything truck like, MI-Roger , Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:04:08
- I hate most oversized - and especially lifted - trucks, DnstrDan , Fri, 8 Jun 2018 11:52:43
- Re: I'm convinced it's inherent to pickup trucks, cheaptech , Fri, 8 Jun 2018 11:01:27
- Re: I'm convinced it's inherent to pickup trucks, JerseySaab , Fri, 8 Jun 2018 09:09:23
- Re: I'm convinced it's inherent to pickup trucks, RS , Fri, 8 Jun 2018 07:55:46
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.