NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Many are so hell bent on that things should stay the same no matter what when in reality, the car manufacturer couldn't care less where they take their parts from. And that's when they are still in business.
That OEM, OES and Genuine supplier are words thrown around by just about any manufacturer doesn't make it easier.
Take the Monroe shock you mention. Saab and Volvo have for most of their years and models used Boge/Sachs but one Volvo R model is using Monroe and way back in the days with the Volvo 240 Turbo, they used De Carbon so honestly, they all can say they are genuine suppliers of shocks.
We can only be glad over as long as SOMEONE is making parts for the Saab's and then we have to learn the hard way what is good or not. And that's the way it has always been.
There is a reason why Saab mechanics exist. Saab did not even get it right from factory when they choose part suppliers.
It's frustrating when you have learned of a good part supplier just to find out that that brand is no longer available.
The Mackay heater hose for the 9-5 is one such thing.
Yeah, Proparts didn't exist when 9000 was built and neither did their predecessor (was it Scan-Tech). There have been so many manufacturers come and go I have forgot most of them and the others still around have moved most of their production to China for good or bad.
Posts in this Thread:
- Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Sondeen , Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:19:301
- "OEM parts suppliers", ELaw , Tue, 12 Jun 2018 05:56:011
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, turrbo , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:57:05
- PPS is OEM now for some parts..., Jeremy R., Sun, 10 Jun 2018 20:13:09
- URO., Norval99 , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:14:25
- Interesting..., Justin VanAbrahams, Mon, 11 Jun 2018 10:43:21
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:53:30
- Improvements, Norval99 , Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:51:38
- Re: Interesting..., neil dale , Wed, 13 Jun 2018 16:36:57
- Re: Interesting..., RS , Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:08:21
- Re: Orio parts.... OEM & aftermarket, Justin VanAbrahams, Sat, 9 Jun 2018 19:27:50
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.