Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)? - Saabnet.com Bulletin Board
G48 is available from Mercedes dealerships, under the spec number 7700.20. Mercedes replaced G05 with G48 several years ago - 5 or 10? You should also be able to get it from BMW or VW dealerships. BMW is N600 69.0 and VW is G11. Any place that sells European car supplies should have these coolants. Pentosin Pentofrost NF is widely available and meets the G48 (and related brand) specs. IMHO there isn't much reason to use one coolant over another on an old car. The things newer coolants are trying to do (protect aluminum, plastic, fancy seals, extend service life) are less beneficial on old cars. Prestone + distilled water will do everything 25 year old Glysantin formulas will do... and might do it better. TBH, distilled water is ultimately the key in all of these.
posted by 12.195.130...
Posts in this Thread:
- What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Craig, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:10:07
- DexCool, John Fitzgerald , Sun, 8 Jul 2018 13:55:52
- Mercedes Blue G48 in the Viggen, MI-Roger , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 18:57:16
- Re: What coolant are people using in newer Saabs?, JimBlake , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:30:26
- Re:ethylene glycol, don't overthink it. n/m, Tom g , Wed, 27 Jun 2018 06:40:08
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Craig, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:07:31
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, Justin VanAbrahams, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:31:49 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: What coolant are people using now (no blue Saab stuff)?, SWEDECAR , Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:04:13
- Zerex G-05, Bill Homer, Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:13:36
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 18.104.22.168 - Using CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, skyscraper, nor box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!