Well, it might be an ok way to go. If you put $2000 into the Aero and if you get $5000 for it, then you have $3000 to plow into the lease. That's probably enough to get a 3 yr lease started on a sub-20k car at $200/mo. Edmunds.com might be helpful here.
Of course at lease end you will have some decisions to make about the car you've been renting for 36 months. Then again your circumstances may look very different three years from now.
A small SUV in that price range is maybe not so easy to find. Kia's Sportage sells for $18k-19k in base trim. I think the Escape and RAV4 will be more. The Mazda5, which is not a SUV but is good for a family with 2 kids, begins at 18-19 also. Again, try Edmunds.
posted by 205.133.9...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:40:13
- 2011 Mazda6i, EGD , Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:11:12
- mazda3, jp498, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:39:38
- $200 mo = $10,000 financing or you can lease..., Mike Lynch , Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:17:34
- Leasing, No Snaab , Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:27:03
- Re: Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:59:17
- Transmission, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:06:11
- Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:04:54
- Jeep Patriot?, Johnson, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:30:21
- Re: Leasing?, James, Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:04:23
- Re: Leasing?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:25:57
- Re: Leasing?, Bruce, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:41:38
- CPO, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:43:53
- Taxes, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:05:38
- Re: Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:02:11
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 184.108.40.206 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!