Personally I am not a fan of leasing unless you are doing it through a business (so you can write off the lease payments versus a much slower depreciation if buying + interest if also financing) or really, really want a new car every few years and really really want certainty on the back end.
The big reason is that with a lease you are paying sales tax on the whole thing, even though you are only "buying" a "portion" of the car... plus a lot of states/municipalities have extra fees/taxes for leases.
If you are looking at a 3 year lease, perhaps you should look at a CPO car that has at least 3 years left on the CPO warranty... perhaps for the same money you can get the CPO vehicle, and at least at the end of 3 years you have a vehicle that you could keep or sell.
posted by 198.179.147...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:40:13
- 2011 Mazda6i, EGD , Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:11:12
- mazda3, jp498, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:39:38
- $200 mo = $10,000 financing or you can lease..., Mike Lynch , Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:17:34
- Leasing, No Snaab , Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:27:03
- Re: Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:59:17
- Transmission, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:06:11
- Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:04:54
- Jeep Patriot?, Johnson, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:30:21
- Re: Leasing?, James, Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:04:23
- Re: Leasing?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:25:57
- Re: Leasing?, Bruce, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:41:38
- CPO, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:43:53
- Taxes, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:05:38
- Re: Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:02:11
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!