NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Books Movies & Music |
|Other Cars Bulletin Board|
I was in a similar situation not long ago--I was really fed up being dollared to death by a late model Outback (with ony 80K!)I usually buy used but I just couldn't find anything (I was looking for a 9-5) that didn't seemed similar to the situation with the Subaru and so decided I wanted something NEW. Right now there are a lot of really good deals on new cars(while used cars are hard to find and not cheap lately) and I ended up leasing a brand new Jeep Wrangler.There's a lot of things I like about leasing (and I'm well aware it's not the cheapest way to go). I have a set payment and since it runs for the length of the warrenty, I HAVE NO REPAIRS--just routine maintenance. In a pretty uncertain world, I have the option of bailing after 39 months--if gas goes to $6 a gallon or the Jeep turns into a bucket of bolts, or the economy turns into a smoking black hole, or whatever, I can buy it or just do something totally different. I don't have to worry about resale value or trading it in or selling it. In and out with no muss or fuss. To me that's worth the price of admission. And if I love it, I can buy a nice clean used one that I don't have to run a car fax on. There's a lot you can get for $200 a month in a lease--Focus and Cruze come to mind and you might be able to find a cross-over.
posted by 68.40.170...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:40:13
- 2011 Mazda6i, EGD , Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:11:12
- mazda3, jp498, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:39:38
- $200 mo = $10,000 financing or you can lease..., Mike Lynch , Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:17:34
- Leasing, No Snaab , Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:27:03
- Re: Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:59:17
- Transmission, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:06:11
- Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:04:54
- Jeep Patriot?, Johnson, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:30:21
- Re: Leasing?, James, Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:04:23
- Re: Leasing?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:25:57
- Re: Leasing?, Bruce, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:41:38
- CPO, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:43:53
- Taxes, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:05:38
- Re: Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:02:11
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.