CPO are generally through new car dealerships, as they are backed up by the manufacture... a lot of manufacture websites have a way of seeing what the local inventory of CPO cars are. Since they come with an extended warranty and are through a dealer they tend to be more expensive... but you are buying "peace of mind". Obviously they don't cover everything, and might have a "deductible" or "co-pay" for some repairs. Research the manufactures websites if they have a manufacture backed CPO.
Another route is to do you own "cpo" as there are plenty of places were you can buy an extended warranty, (some state AAA sells them, my Credit Union does, etc), but these generally require the car still have some of the original warranty in effect to qualify. Or just take what the cost of the warranty is and put it in the bank (either in whole or what the financed monthly payment would be) and self fund it.
If you just want to get 3 years with peace of mind (or some peace of mind) you could always buy a used car that still has 3 years of warranty left, either on the bumper-to-bumper or just powertrain. Just make sure the warranty if fully transferable (some limit the number of transfers) and it will vary by car... so like Hyundais are 10yr/100K on powertrain as are some years of VW's, etc.
posted by 198.179.147...
Posts in this Thread:
Members can receive an alert when someone posts in this thread.
- Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:40:13
- 2011 Mazda6i, EGD , Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:11:12
- mazda3, jp498, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 18:39:38
- $200 mo = $10,000 financing or you can lease..., Mike Lynch , Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:17:34
- Leasing, No Snaab , Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:27:03
- Re: Selling My 03 9-5 Aero - Which car next?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:59:17
- Transmission, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:06:11
- Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 10:04:54
- Jeep Patriot?, Johnson, Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:30:21
- Re: Leasing?, James, Thu, 6 Oct 2011 10:04:23
- Re: Leasing?, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:25:57
- Re: Leasing?, Bruce, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 13:41:38
- CPO, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:43:53
- Taxes, Dan-O, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:05:38
- Re: Leasing?, Blake, Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:02:11
Post a Followup
The content on this site may not be republished without permission. Copyright © 1988-2012 - The Saab Network - saabnet.com.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no Spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Donations
Your address is: 188.8.131.52 - Using CCBot/2.0 - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, green links, and bottom of the page banners.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!